Connecting Communities Grants funding available from Methodist Mission
The Christchurch Methodist Mission has Red Cross funding grants available until May 2018 to build relationships in the community through local neighbourhood and community events in the Christchurch, Selwyn, Waimakariri, Hurunui and Kaikoura Districts.
There are three levels of grants that can be applied for:
- $300 for a small local event, such as as a street barbecue or community dinner
- $500 for a community wide event where all of the community or neighbourhood is invited
- $1000 for a larger event or a activity that will have on-going ‘community-building’ activities
Therefore the Christchurch Methodist Mission are inviting proposals from individuals, community organisations, parishes or neighbourhood groups in the community to run local community events.
The main criteria are that the event needs to:
- promote community connectedness, getting to know your neighbour;
- be inclusive of everyone who would like to be involved - this applies to the level 2 and 3 grants; and
- be free for those who come.
Limited funding grants are available and funds will be allocated depending on the number of applications received.
How to apply for Connecting Communities Grant funding
Send an email to Community Response Worker Tineke Tuiletufuga (tineke[at]mmsi.org.nz) if you are interested in organising such an initiative in your neighbourhood/community. This email needs to outline:
- What you are proposing to do.
- Who you intend to invite.
- What you hope will be the outcome of this initiative or event.
- A preferred date. If you could give two options that would help putting the calendar together.
- Who you will collaborate with in your local neighbourhood.
- How your event will build social connectedness.
- Your budget.
Email your proposal in by the following deadline dates depending on when you would like to run your event:
- Friday 31st March 2017: for events in April or May 2017
- Monday 1st May 2017: for events from June to September 2017
- Friday 1st September 2017: for events from October 2017 to January 2018
- Monday 1st January 2018: for events from February to May 2018
Like the CMM Connecting Communities Grants Facebook page for updates.
We are aware that these timeframes are tight for some groups. So contact Tineke Tuiletufuga if you think you are interested in doing something in the next few months but haven’t got all the information together. The Methodist Mission may be able to ring-fence some funding for you.
Contact Community Response Worker Tineke Tuiletufuga at the Christchurch Methodist Mission for more information (03 389 6232, 027 818 7117 or tineke[at]mmsi.org.nz).