Issue 16 of The Migrant Times: 8 February 2017
Kia Ora everyone
What's inside the 16th issue of The Migrant Times:
- The big fight for the migrant vote
- Opera: Lansdown Narropera to feature German opera singers
- Personal liability means no escape from paying staff says Labour Inspectorate
- Race relations: Stand up to hatred - Dame Susan Devoy
- India tops the offshore students visa rejection numbers with 8818 in 2016
- Community radio: Toranj in Farsi
- Indian clothing retailers ordered to pay $60,000 for intimidating ex-employees
- New Zealand is benefitting from immigration says New Zealand Initiative
- Book on Rewi Alley available in April
- Christchurch's Holi Festival will be a free event this year
- ISKON's Hare Krishna Centre to reopen after 2011
- Platform launched for South Asian women
- Chinese New Year celebrations
- "Learn from What We Eat" Programme Korean style
- Christchurch to host the largest gathering of Filipinos in NZ during Labour Weekend
- Christchurch City Council to adopt the Multicultural Strategy
Read Issue 16 of The Migrant Times online - 8th February 2017.
Happy reading everyone!
Community Liaison Manager
Canterbury Migrants Centre Trust – Te Whare Ta Wahi
166 St Asaph Street, Christchurch
Phone: 03 3661379
Visit the Canterbury Migrant Hub website.
Visit the Canterbury Migrants Centre on Facebook.
Contact Kevin if you want to volunteer at The Migrant Times (kevin[at]cmctrust.org.nz).
Advertising in The Migrant Times
We would also like to take this opportunity to request your support by considering an advert in TMT for the service of your organisation or business as we believe TMT would be your best possible advertising choice.
View the friendly advertising rates for The Migrant Times.