All Right? Campaign update: May 2016
Welcome to your monthly fix of everything All Right?
This month we look at how Canterbury can live brighter as the weather cools, parenting and hugging for happiness.
Join our #BrighterAutumn competition and be in to win great prizes from Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa and Hoyts Northlands.
It's all about taking notice and finding your spark so we can live brighter. It’s something we can all do to lift our wellbeing and is especially important at this time of year with the weather cooling.
Find out more about Brighter Autumn.
Let's talk about parenting...
Our newest campaign reminds us that there’s no such thing as the perfect parent. It’s about:
Get more information, including some practical wellbeing tips for children
- Letting parents know they’re doing a good job.
- Encouraging what we call ‘ordinary magic’.
- Helping people understand that they’re not alone.
Four benefits of hugging...
Psychology Today has identified research finding surprising power in even casual embraces:
- Security - we are simply wired to find touch reassuring.
- Positive Feelings - we release the hormone oxytocin when touched, which boosts feelings of attachment, connection, trust, and intimacy.
- Better Health - when we are touched our heart rate, blood pressure, and levels of the harmful stress hormone cortisol are lowered.
- Freedom –giving someone a hug is something we can choose to do (that’s empowerment right there!).
Find out more about the benefits of hugs.
Noho ora mai rā,
The All Right? team.
Visit the All Right? website.
Follow All Right? on Facebook.
Follow All Right? on Twitter.