Culture of Family and Sexual Violence Conference
This conference in Queenstown will be looking at how culture impacts on the existence and prevention of Family and Sexual Violence in Aotearoa. Join the conversation to consider how cultural change may create sustainable reduction in Family and Sexual Violence.
Dates: Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd April 2017
Location: Queenstown Memorial Centre (Memorial Street, Queenstown)
Cost: $250 per person.
Register online to attend the Culture of Family and Sexual Violence Conference. Contact Niki Hawke at Jigsaw Central Lakes for more information (027 203 4547 or info[at]jigsawcentrallakes.co.nz).
Speakers at this conference include:
- Louise Nicholas - National Sexual Violence Survivor Advocate and New Zealander of the Year
- MP Poto Williams - Associate Justice Spokesperson (Sexual and Domestic Violence)
- Ken Clearwater - National Manager of the Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Trust
- Rachel Smith - Specialist for the Family Violence Death Review Committee
- Nicola Atwool - Associate Professor Social Work Programme (University of Otago)
- Gregory Nicolau - Director and Consultant Psychologist for the Australian Childhood Trauma Group.
There will also be a pre-conference Community Catalyst Forum on the topic "Family violence - yes it does happen here too" on the evening of Thursday 20th April 2017.